AnyCasts, Ep. 6:
Learn to Fly.io with AnyCable
September 6, 2022
In this episode, we explore Fly.io capabilities in deploying Rails real-time applications:
- Deploying a pure Rails Action Cable application to Fly.
- Load-testing Flying Action Cable with k6 and xk6-cable.
- Deploying RPC-less version of AnyCable and load-testing it.
- Adding RPC server to the equation with just a couple of configuration changes.
- Exporting AnyCable metrics to fly-metrics.io.
You can support us on GitHub Sponsors (and get access to the source code) ❤️
- Action Cable server (single-worker Puma) crashed due to out-of-memory at about 700 concurrent connections.
- AnyCable (RPC-less) passed 2700 concurrent connections and consumed only a half of the available RAM (~120MB).
- Official Fly deployment guide for AnyCable
- Fly.io Rails guides
- Real-time stress: AnyCable, k6, WebSockets, and Yabeda