AnyCasts, Ep. 7:
Flying multi-regionally with NATS
March 24, 2023
In this episode, we explore the recently released embedded NATS support in AnyCable-Go and see how it can be used to simplify building multi-regional Rails/AnyCable applications on Fly.io.
You can support us on GitHub Sponsors (and get access to the source code) ❤️
The topics covered in this video:
- Different pub/sub topologies for Action Cable and AnyCable applications.
- AnyCable-Go v1.3 configuration presents and how they simplify setting up AnyCable on Fly.
- Switching from Redis to embedded NATS for pub/sub.
- Fly regions and the fly-prefer-region header.
- Using ACLI to debug and test AnyCable applications from the command line.
- NATS super-clusters and gateways.